Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Velvet Loafers, Gentlewoman


A while back, maybe a month or two, I fell in love with a pair of velvet loafers. I had just run into the store on my break just to absorb some inspiration from the shoe section (and let's be honest, plot my next purchase) when this pair stood out from all of the other black shoes. 
I'm experimenting with displaying and styling objects... the reason for the pics. It's one of the things that I do besides Draw on Things. 



Being a former tomboy, the menswear touch added to a feminine style was always right up my alley and these shoes were most certainly the shoes of a Gentlewoman. Before I could give myself a reason not to, I bought them.


I've already begun to weave them into my fall/winter outfits, mainly for Sundays. I've worn them with this bow tie I found in a thrift store while looking for sweaters and over a blue turtleneck shirt. I never did find a nice sweater from that thrift trip...


Loafers, bow tie, and a nice jacket...


This jacket is thrifted. While sifting through coats, I usually let my hands do the looking, so that I end up with beautiful items in interesting patterns and fabrics. Never fails...at least, not yet. 

Note: This picture does not do the jacket justice. I need a better camera to really show the details. Don't worry, it's on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment