Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goods from my Armoire

It's a new day, a new year, and a new me. I've been perusing the interwebs for more information about natural styling/products and I must say, there's more info than I thought. Luckily I have some friends already deep into the natural hair thing, so I think I'm covered. Until I make my much-needed hair care shop, I've decided to drape twisted braids around my head.

Taken via photobooth from my Macbook, so excuse the quality. But anywho, do you like?



Partially braided and partially twisted, my hair will be protected from damage via ignorance (have I told you I haven't gotten this natural hair care thing down yet?) as well as the harsh winter weather. Curly hair needs moisture...and dry cold weather doesn't do any part of my body well, as I've been under the weather for the past week.

Now that I'm feeling better (and might I add stuffed from all the holiday Haitian food), I'll show you a few goodies that are my winter faves; my fair weather and FOUL weather friends who keep my hair, hands, and face in tip-top shape to brave the elements.


Hand Care Book
Winter 2008 Issue V Man magazine

I got this kit (not including the magazine) at an event months ago (maybe even a year. long story). I actually never opened it until a few weeks ago, when I noticed how overworked my hands looked all of a sudden. Missing my formerly soft hands and beautiful, healthy nails and cuticles, I set out a maniCURE. Voila! Hidden deep among the many lacquers, nail files and lotions in my mani box, I found the hand kit. I've been using ever since and with great results. I'm back to my baby soft hands, even in the frigid New Jersey weather. Who knows? That may just push me to doing my own manicures again (everything natural could be a good look).


Nothing keeps my face from suffering the blows of winterdom like my moisturizer. The misconception is  that during the winter and on cloudy days, SPF isn't really needed. Oh YES it is! This moisturizer doesn't make my face oily (Vaseline face is NOT chic), but my skin never feels dry. Even after being hit by gusts of wind. 


More posts to come, including my hair care shops, and what I got for Christmas (besides loads of food.) Click the V mag link, get inspired. 

Stay Inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment