Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sweet Sundays...

Happy Sunday! The weather lately has been actually nice for an East Coast city in January. It actually makes me wonder: is a ridiculously freezing week on the way?? Hope not because tomorrow begins another school term, and its hard to commute and look cute while trying not to freeze (also, I just hate coats).



Anywho, I decided to go 80s today for church. Most of the vintage threads I collect are 70s and earlier, but I snagged this awesome early 80s dress while thrifting last summer. It sat in my closet for a few months while I figured out what to wear with it. Then I bought a pair of rough and tough Kelsi Dagger combat boots. I took my fabric shears the funky 80s dress and ended up with a great top.




While I was pairing my shirt to skirts, I had a few minutes to snap some pics before church.



Love the pattern on my top.
Accessory peek: Studded belt. It's a bit big, since I've gone down a size or two.

I'm not really afraid of color or mixing it (my Haitian roots, without a doubt), so a pop of blue was not only right up my alley, but also quintessentially 80s. My scarf is a few yards of great fabric I found with a burnout pattern. I fell in love with it while buying fabric for a project.



The ring I scored as a gift at a jewelry show in Los Angeles. Earrings are thrifted. Hair is still in good condition thanks to an arsenal of conditioning sprays, oils, and holding spritz for braids. They're braided into twists, my favorite braid style since high school. Note: one way of holding off the fuzzy roots for as long as possible is NOT TO SCRATCH! Always carry carry a comb with the thin pick end to get to those pesky itches. That way, you wont loosen the base of the braid by trying to get at it via finger tips.



Rundown:
Leather boots, Kelsi Dagger
Netted patterned tights
Tulle Skirt, F21
Vintage dress repurposed into top
Burnout scarf
Handbag, Coach

Bracelets:
Thrifted clover bracelet
Leather heart tag bracelet, Things Remembered
Handmade beaded bracelet



I'm working on shooting at angles with my flimsy $60 digital camera. It's not a DSLR cam or anything, but it seems to be getting the job done. (Though it would be nice to have a camera that comes with a rechargeable battery cell. Energizer batts are costly!)
*all pics taken by me.

Stay Inspired.

2 comments: